The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Wednesday 25 July 2007

GWP - Thanks Mum

There is a group over at mammablogga that gives you a subject every month & you have to post an entry on that subject, this months subject is "thanks mum". As I have lots to thank my mum for I thought this was a fantastic idea even though she'll be totally embarassed if she reads it.
The link for submission for this idea is submit yours here

You need to know that all I will write is not only 100% true but it's something I feel & want to thank her for. So Thanks mum for everything.

* Thank you for always making me feel as good as everyone else no matter what the situation.
* Thank you for helping me live with my diabetes & showing me it didn't change how you felt
about me, for helping me to realise it wasn't the end of the world.
* Thank you for not saying "I told you so" when you could have done so many times.
* Thank you for the evenings we spent watching tv shows or just sitting there reading. I really
enjoyed the time we spent together.
* Thank you for showing me how to be strong & independent & how I can conquer any problem
except spiders.
* Thank you for always putting my sister & I first even when we were being horrible.
* Thank you for showing me that I don't "need" a man in my life to be happy, that I can cope on
my own.
* Thank you for being there for me through all my many hospitalisations & illnesses, sometimes
it was only your visits that kept me sane.
* Thank you for always being on my side & supporting me even when I was in the wrong.
* Thank you for Marshall (my son) if it hadn't been for you I don't know what would have
happened.
* Thank you for being the "fun nanny" he just adores visiting you.
* Thank you for all the times you went without or put my sister & I before yourself, I never really realised how much you did this while I was growing up but as a "grown up" now I realise at times it must have been pretty thankless but you still did it & continue to do it today.
I couldn't wish for anyone better or more capable to be in my corner. You inspire me & have many qualities I wish I had. If I could emulate anyone I'd like to be more like you (just with Halle Berry's body).

4 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful things to recognize! It's so easy to look back at all the great things our mothers have done for us now that we're moms ourselves.

Thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a very supportive mom. I am sure she is very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your mom is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is special and supportive, what a blessing.